Cutest Blog on Block Winter

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week One In Review

So with two whole days under our belt I can honestly say I am loving homeschooling Ty. It is so neat to watch him learn and see what he knows. I love that he wants to cuddle with me in most everything we do. I have a hard time getting pictures of him because he wants to be a cuddle-bug most of the time. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world because I know one day that won't be what he is in to anymore. We basically had a "preview" kind of week. We did do some math and english lessons. I was really curious to see what he knew. Thursday was hard because his brain didn't wake up with his body and he really just needed to go back to bed. Of course, Friday my brain wasn't into it after working all night Thursday night so we took things really slow. I really love the convenience of homeschooling. I learned that lesson week one. This week will contain many more "meaty" lessons and some hands-on stuff. We are super excited about that.



These are a few pictures of Ty with some things we introduced him to for his Adventures in My Father's World curriculum (one is his US notebook as we start to study each of the US States and the other is his Discoverer's Bible, which I am loving listening to him read with ease).


This is Ty doing an English practice page. I love his concentration and expression. That is so typical Ty. He is such a joy to be teaching and I only hope I do him justice with it. Now I am off to prep the book basket for the week and make sure I have all of the craft supplies ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn! I'm your newest follower! :) I just found your blog on the MFW Blogroll, and we'll also be doing Adventures this year. I have a 7-yr-old 2nd grader, and a 4-yr-old preschooler. I'm excited about our upcoming year, and I'm excited about keeping up with your blog and seeing how your year unfolds! Best wishes for a wonderful year with MFW!!!

    ReplyDelete