Cutest Blog on Block Winter

Monday, January 3, 2011

And Back To School We Go.....



So when I woke up this morning I was sooo excited to get back into our normal school routine (minus getting Hayley off to school as she still has a few days left of winter break). The kids are just finally starting to sleep in, lol. No, no, no! Time to wake up and get this day a-going. Ty wasn't too bad to wake up, of course, he was asleep by 10pm last night. Anyone who knows Ty knows that is WAY early for him. I guess his inner clock knew Mom would come a-knockin' earlier than usual this morning.

Ty actually was a bit excited to get school going himself. He ate his breakfast while I did some tidying up and then he was ready to go. "Mommy can we start with English?" Who could resist? Not me! Fortunately he kept that motivation the entire time. No whining, no complaining, no stalling. Just "get 'er done" kind of work. Lots of effort and eagerness to answer my review questions, lots of effort to get the answers right the first time, even asked for more math because I only gave him a 25 problem review sheet. Are you kidding me? Am I dreaming? I really expected some resistence to the routine since we haven't done it in a little over a week and there are all of these shiny new toys to play with. But, boy was I wrong.

I think we will spend our afternoon at the community center getting in some exercise and swimming. The weather is chilly and I don't think I could do anything outdoors at this point. I am really looking forward to spring where we can do more outdoor activities for longer periods of time.
All in all, a great way to spend a Monday. No complaining from this homeschool Momma!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn!

    ...just wanted to let you know that we are starting a MFW Homeschool Highlights Link Up! in the coming weeks (March 18th). If you're interested, stop by and let me know!

    :: Happy Homeschooling! ::
    Kathi @ A Heart Like Water
    http://6arrows.blogspot.com/ A Heart Like Water

    ReplyDelete